LICADD provides evidence-based, dynamic and effective training to addiction professionals, social workers, case managers, health and human services personnel, educators and others. Our professional trainings incorporate the latest research findings and are carefully designed for maximum impact. Each training is carefully planned in consultation with the host site and each of our instructors has the experience, knowledge and presentation skills necessary to reach diverse audiences in diverse settings. LICADD is a NYS OASAS- Certified Education and Training Provider.
Whether you’re looking for a keynote speaker for a large conference or someone to lead small-group workshops, LICADD’s team of dedicated professionals stands ready to help you shape your program, execute it and then evaluate the results. Our fees vary and we regularly present in schools, community agencies, drug treatment centers, youth organizations and health care facilities. Listed below are some of our most popular standard workshops:
- Heroin is Here on Long Island!
- Prescription for Disaster: RX Abuse Among Teens
- Marijuana- Not Your Parents Pot
- Co-occurring Disorders
- Binge Drinking Among Women and Girls
- PTSD and Substance Abuse Among Returning Veterans
- Internet and Gaming Addiction
- The Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change
- Engaging and Motivating Active Substance Users
- Strategies for Engaging Adolescent Substance Users
- HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis and Substance Use
- Effectively Reaching & Serving GLBT Populations
- Cultural Competence in the Delivery of Substance Abuse Services
- Motivational Interviewing
- The Impact of Addiction on Families
- Planned Family Interventions
- Anger Management
- Relapse Prevention
- Advocacy and Anonymity
- Drug and Alcohol Confidentiality
- Addiction Counselor Ethics and the Client/Counselor Relationship
- Program Evaluation
- Organizational Sustainability
- Using Social Media to Spread Prevention Messages
Interested in scheduling a speaker? You can fill out and submit this Request for Proposal Form (SAP) and/or contact Lisa Ganz at 516.747.2606 ext. 108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
LICADD is happy to announce the dates and topics for its Winter 2013 Schedule. For more information, please click here for the Winter Training Flyer, or call 516.747.2606 to speak with Lisa Ganz.