Open Arms EAP — Long Island’s oldest and most established non-profit EAP — began shortly after LICADD’s formation as a means to help identify and assist employees and/or their immediate family members who may be having a problem with alcohol and/or other drugs. Today, LICADD’s Open Arms EAP provides confidential crisis intervention services, evaluation and assessment, brief interventions, screened referrals and follow-up services for a broad spectrum of personal concerns for employees of Long Island’s companies, labor unions and school districts. We offer EAP services on Long Island, in New York City and across the Eastern seaboard. Our EAP clients include some of the region’s largest labor unions, small businesses, major corporations, non-profits, trade associations and school districts.
LICADD’s Open Arms Employee Assistance Program (EAP) remains the centerpiece of the agency’s efforts and a critical lifeline for those struggling with active addiction and other critical issues.
• Members and their immediate families (including dependent children and domestic partners) receive pre-paid access to confidential services. Open Arms EAP is one of the few EAPs in the world that serves family members at no additional cost.
• Based on Long Island, LICADD’s EAP employs only local, credentialed professionals who have the dedication, skills and knowledge of local resources to provide top-notch assistance.
• Open Arms EAP offers members 24/7 telephone access to trained counselors and maintains three convenient, accessible offices in Mineola, Hauppauge and Riverhead. Evening and weekend appointments are never a problem.
• Though LICADD specializes in drug and alcohol assessments, our trained EAP professionals routinely address a wide variety of issues including: anxiety; stress; depression; grief and bereavement; domestic violence; work/life balance; gambling addiction, Internet addiction; separation and divorce; and credit and debt difficulties.
• Our services include crisis intervention, assessment and problem identification, brief solution-focused counseling (3-4 sessions), screened referrals and follow-up services.
• Several of our EAP clinicians are bilingual and our team specializes in serving a variety of populations including parents, teens, returning veterans and seniors.
• EAP Members receive 50% discounts on LICADD’s other fee-based services including anger management classes.
• Your employees will know that you value them and care about their overall health and well-being.
• Employees and their families receive free and confidential immediate assistance by calling one number, rather than spending hours searching for a suitable referral.
• Our EAP encourages appropriate utilization of health insurance benefits, thereby reducing costs.
• Open Arms EAP reduces absenteeism, the personal use of phones and computers, and minimizes workplace disruption.
• Open Arms EAP provides immediate access to emergency evaluation services in situations where there is a potential for violence or harm.
• Open Arms EAP reduces the incidence of workplace injuries and accidents, thereby limiting potential Worker’s Compensation and disability claims, and litigation.
• Your human resources staff members gain a new and valuable resource for addressing challenging personnel issues, while boosting productivity and dramatically limiting litigation risks.
• Because we are non-profit, we have no incentive to suppress utilization. We’re in business solely to help people and we truly want your employees to reach out for help.
• We’ll happily provide you with quarterly utilization reports so together we can make sure that your employees are getting the help they need and you as the employer are getting the value you deserve.
• The Federal Occupational Health agency, in a prospective cost-benefit estimate of Employee Assistance Programs, showed that for every $1 spent on the EAP, the expected savings for the first year would be $1.27, and those savings would rise to $7.21 by the fifth year.
• Because we are non-profit and our money goes back into client services, our annual fees are much lower than other local or national employee assistance programs.
Signing-up for LICADD’s EAP’s services is easy. A short contract spells out the assistance to be provided to employees, the annual fee and payment schedule. Once executed, initial payment is due to LICADD within 30 days. With a contract in place, LICADD staff will work with your designated liaisons to schedule an orientation meeting for employees and will provide printed materials to employees with our contact information, assurances of confidentiality and a menu of available services. Our EAP staff will remain in regular contact with your liaison to discuss utilization rates, emergent personnel issues and other collaborative opportunities.