LICADD is committed to staff development and provides a competitive compensation and benefits package to its employees. We value diversity in all its forms and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are focused on program expansion and we encourage LMSWs, LCSWs, CASACs and CEAPs to submit their resumes for part-time and full-time positions. You may fax your resume to us at 516.747.0714 or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re unable to take phone calls from employment candidates.
If you’re passionate about making a difference in your community, well-organized, well-spoken and can think on your feet, we want you on our team. We’re looking for an Addiction Specialist to join our dynamic and committed clinical team. In that role, you’ll conduct individualized substance abuse assessments, run psycho-educational groups, conduct community education programs and direct our robust anger management program. If we select you, you’ll play a key role in addressing our regional opiate crisis and will have a hand in saving the lives of our fellow Long Islanders. You should love working with young people, respect and appreciate diversity, and have a deep understanding of addiction. A Master’s degree is required (LMSW or LCSW preferred) as is at least 3-5 years worth of clinical experience and the optimal candidate will have a CASAC, CPP and/or other certifications. Bilinqual a plus, as is public speaking experience and computer proficiency.
Position is based largely in Mineola, but local travel is required and reimbursed. Some early mornings, evenings and weekends required.
Salary to mid-40′s depending on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package, ample time-off and opportunities for growth. You’ll probably work harder than you have before, but we’ll regularly let you know how much we appreciate your talents. You’ll also experience the thrill of working for one of Long Island’s fastest growing and most high profile non-profits. If you’re interested, please send a cover letter that explains why you, out of 2.5 million Long Islanders are best suited for the job, along with your resume to Dr. Jeffrey Reynolds via email to email@example.com.
Social Worker/Outreach Specialists for Engaging Men Project
LICADD is looking for two Master’s level social workers to work full-time from our Mineola offices through December 31, 2012 with a possibility of longer term employment. Ideal candidates will understand the links between substance abuse and domestic violence and have a proven ability to engage and relate to, young men. Our Engaging Men Project is a federally funded joint initiative between LICADD and The Retreat in East Hampton. Our focus is on building awareness among men – especially those in early recovery – about domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and stalking, and engaging them in violence prevention efforts. Salary depends on experience and hours vary based on program needs; some evenings and weekends required. Extensive local travel is required and reimbursed. Bilingual capabilities preferred. LICADD is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LICADD is committed to the professional development of students and welcomes interns pursuing degrees in social work, psychology, counseling, public health and other related disciplines. For more information about current supervised internship opportunities, please contact Steve Chassman at 516.747.2606.
Here’s an exciting oppportunity we have available right now:
Social Media and Communications Intern
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and implementation of LICADD’s social media strategy utilizing Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Strengthen LICADD’s presence on multiple social media platforms and leverage these arenas to increase awareness and participation in agency programs and events.
- Track and report results of our social media activities.
- Assist in the creation and design of new internal and external communication materials.
- Help out with other social media and traditional projects as needed.
- Working on a degree in Communications, Marketing, and/or Public Relations.
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and utilizing social media for cause-related entities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You should be well organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- We’d like you to be committed to LICADD’s mission and goals.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in graphic design a plus.
We’ll give you professional supervision, some great experience and you’ll gain a wonderful sense of pride in helping others. We’re happy to cooperate with your school so that you can earn college credits for your hard work. For more information, please call us at 516.747.2606 or contact us via email.